- Ways To Protect Our Air
- Ask your employer to consider flexible work schedules or telecommuting.
- Recycle printer cartridges.
- Shut off electrical equipment in the evening when you leave work.
- Report smoking vehicles to your local air agency.
- Don’t use your wood stove or fireplace when air quality is poor.
- Avoid slow-burning, smoldering fires. They produce the largest amount of pollution.
- Burn seasoned wood – it burns cleaner than green wood.
- Use solar power for home and water heating.
- Use low-VOC or water-based paints, stains, finishes and paint strippers.
- Purchase radial tires and keep them properly inflated for your vehicle.
- Paint with brushes or rollers instead of using spray paints to minimize harmful emissions.
- Ignite charcoal barbecues with an electric probe or other alternative to lighter fluid.
- If you use a wood stove, use one sold after 1990. They are required to meet federal emissions standards and are more efficient and cleaner burning.
- Walk or ride your bike instead of driving, whenever possible.
- Join a carpool or vanpool to get to work.
Comment RSS · TrackBack URI